Monday 9 November 2015

Getting A Head In Puppetry.

Dear Scallywagistas.
Having been dabbling in smaller scale puppets for a bit, (see pic on the right) I am back to large scale, moving mouth foam rubber with the gentleman pictured below. He as yet has no defined name or character (or indeed body) but many ideas, and of course potential. I think there may be a "Meet the director" thing after the STAN show in Croydonites, and I plan to bring him down there to illustrate how my puppets have evolved over the years (STAN was my first puppet).  Tickets are still available so hurry! I posted a pic of him on Facebook today, and so far comments have been that he looks angry, unhappy and mean. (Perhaps they were talking about me?) I think he's more enigmatic and pensive. (Perhaps I'm talking about me?) But foam rubber is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Probably.
Hokey pokey, onwards and upwards. Or sideways.




No comments: